multiple input files with input selector

userAr dudi017 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:15:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

I read about the input-selector and I guess it what my application needs:

I have n audio files, they should be played in a roll (file_1, file_2,
file_3,... file_n) without any noticeable delay.

the pipeline is- filesrc location=file_1.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
autoaudiosink

at the beginning, the bus got the EOS and the action was:

gst_element_set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_READY);
g_object_set(G_OBJECT(fileSrc), "location", "file_2.mp3", NULL);
gst_element_set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
g_main_loop_run(loop);

which worked, but with delay of ~0.3 sec and its not good enough .

so I though of using the input-selector,  but I understand from  this pot:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Using-input-selector-td4664707.html

 that "the switch is not simultaneous—even though I'm switching the audio
selector first, the audio switch is late by half a second"

so my question is, if there is some method to switch between inputs (#n
fileSrc) to one output- the rest of the pipeline, with unnoticeable delay.

Ill be happy for an example, if there is a code example it will be great

thanks.