Best way to indicate loss of live camera signal

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 8 13:06:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 02:46 +0000, Allan Chandler wrote:
> [...]
> I'd appreciate any guidance from others who have already done this
> sort of thing, or indeed ANY ideas on how best to approach this.

How do you detect signal loss currently? What exactly happens here? The
RTSP connection shuts down? No more RTP packets for a long time?

> =====
>
> The second issue has to do specifically with message capture, in that
> GStreamer doesn't appear to be calling my callbacks.
>
> Keeping in mind this is a Qt application (no Gtk windowing stuff), I
> first call gst_init() from the main thread then start up a separate
> thread to do all the GStreamer stuff. Within that thread, I basically
> do the following:

You'll have to create a new GMainContext, let the GMainLoop use that
one and especially attach the GstBus watch to that very GMainContext.
Then it should work like that.