What is "WARNING: Some libraries weren't found while searching!" mean ?

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:06:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:21 PM, lucky chou <shakin at outlook.com> wrote:
> I use cerbero compiled release 1.10, after the compilation the following
> tips:
> ------------------
> -----> Creating package for gstreamer-1.0
> WARNING: Some libraries weren't found while searching!
> libvpx
> WARNING: Some libraries weren't found while searching!
> libgnutlsxx
> What does that mean, and does it have any effect?

What this means is that the listed recipes didn't install any shared
libraries. It seems you were building for Windows? These recipes
install only static libraries on Windows. Everything is normal on your end.

We should make that warning a bit more useful so it doesn't warn for
known cases like this.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan