Maximum AV sync possible with gstreamer 1.8.0 in L4T 24.2 at 23.976 FPS

dawnpaul dawn.paul at ignitarium.com
Thu Nov 10 10:28:03 UTC 2016

We are doing a gstreamer application which requires AV sync of less than +/-
3 ms between audio and video. We use jetson TX1, gstreamer 1.8.0 and
L4T24.2. Should support 23.976 FPS. We use Sync meter to measure the
difference between an audio beep and a flash. The observations are at UHD
23.976 the sync meter reading is around +1 ms and remain constant sometimes.
For other session the offset is observed to be around 43 ms which is
equivalent to one video frame. We tried to print the audio and video
timestamp using gst_pad_add_probe() and compare. But could not figure out
the issue.Could we achieve this avsync tolerance with gstreamer. Is there
another method to debug the issue.