Turning this gst-launch-1.0 command into a C++ app?

rick b rick_blacker at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:53:01 UTC 2016

Hi Tim, I had thought about just using the gst-launch command inside my
source code. And I have, it works. The problem is, I came into a situation
where I needed the main app loop.  I had asked about how to get the main app
loop and was told that the gst-launch command does not generate a loop.

So, I'm back to trying to do this.

I went back and re-added the videovert element.  Still not working.  I reran
and added --gst-debug-level=3
I get a bunch of vaapi errors and warnings.

I wanted to capture these out to a file but
myExe --gst-debug-level=3 > myErrorFile.txt

However, NONE of the gstreamer debug output got put into that file.  I'm
sure it's my lack of Linux skills that's the problem.  Is there a linux
command command that I can run that will output all the --gst-debug-level
output into a file?