"Full screen" video playing on raspberry pi without Xorg

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 01:54:52 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 02:16, David Ventura wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've recompiled plugins-bad with these options:
>
>  --disable-gtk-doc --disable-opengl --enable-gles2 --enable-egl --disable-
> glx --disable-x11 --disable-wayland --enable-dispmanx
>
> Which gives me a working glimagesink without X11. My problem is that
> the videos are played in their original resolution, and low-resolution
> videos are not stretched to fit the framebuffer resolution.

There are a couple of options:
1. use the glcolorscale to scale the GL texture to the framebufer size,
this use an extra GL texture the size of your framebuffer and may be too
slow for you.
2. set the size of the dispmanx window with
gst_video_video_overlay_set_render_rectangle().  Only implemented for
dispmanx in GStreamer 1.10+
2. provide your own dispmanx handle to glimagesink with
gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() that you control the size of using
dispmanx API.  Only implemented for dispmanx in GStreamer 1.10+

Cheers
-Matt