Compile gstreamer as DLL?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 12 09:00:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 08:48 -0800, killerrats wrote:
> Language:
> c++ gstreamer
> c# windows forms application
>
> version:
> Gstreamer 1.5.2

Please use a newer version, 1.10.0 being the latest stable. 1.5.2 was
also only a development version (odd minor version).

> I wanted to know if its possible to compile it gst_init and
> everything into one dll then run from another application. I have
> referenced the dll in c# but haven't figured out if that is possible.
> I get this cannot access memory. I put in the values
> gst_init(NULL,NULL);

You mean compiling GStreamer, all dependencies, plugins, etc. into a
single DLL? Based on the static linking .a files this is possible, and
is what the build system does on Android for example.
You would have to do the build system bits yourself though, there's
nothing for doing that easily on Windows yet.