rtspsrc: long and regular pauses when streaming from wifi action cams

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 12 09:02:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 22:14 +0000, philippe renon wrote:

> element autovideosink1-actual-sink-d3dvideo sent qos event: live: 1;
> running time: 30719164049; stream time: 26558070697; timestamp:
> 30719164049; duration: 33366666 jitter: 3029708354; proportion:
> 0.15581; quality: 1000000; format: ; processed: 609; dropped: 2;
>
> The rtpjitterbuffer skew is initially around 8 as expected but then
> starts to increase to reach values in the 200.

This suggests that the server is sending data not in real-time but as
fast as it can. Something definitely seems to be odd with the stream
here, but we should also be able to handle that better.

> I am attaching a dot file of the pipeline at the time a qos event was
> sent.
>
> Is it possible to disable the rtpjitterbuffer used in the rtspsrc
> bin. If if not, is it possible to create a rtspsrc from its
> individual elements with gst-launch ?

No, rtspsrc is more than the combination of the elements it is
containing. Disabling the rtpjitterbuffer is not possible, but you can
specify a different buffer-mode on it. The non-slave ones probably work
better in your case, but come with other problems.

> Would a wireshark log help ?

If someone has time to look into it and come up with a way to handle
the stream, sure.