make is not finding libgstapp - appsrc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Nov 12 15:31:40 UTC 2016

Le vendredi 11 novembre 2016 à 19:55 -0800, rick b a écrit :
> OOOOHHHH... Ok, that's what Tim meant by one level up. For some
> reason it
> didn't click in my head for some reason.  I just looked and yep,
> there it
> is.
>
> Is there any reason why it's in this folder rather than in the
> gstreamer1.0

gstreamer1.0/ is the plugin folder. This is what GStreamer plugin
loader enumerates to find the plugins. So plugins are specially crafted
shared object. While the one level up, is the multilib system library
on your system. This one is for x86_64. This design is used to allow
supporting multiple architecture, like 32bit and 64bit Intel
instruction set. Note that on Redhat variants (like fedora) it's simply
using /lib and /lib64 to differentiate.

Nicolas