GL: texture-target: rectangle vs texture-target: 2D

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:29:49 UTC 2016

On 13/11/16 01:47, Gottfried Haider wrote:
> Thanks for your message, Matt!
>
> My pipeline already has a glcolorconvert after the glupload, followed
> by a capsfilter element. But when I add "texture-target=2D" to the
> capsfilter, the final (negotiated) caps for the file still look like
> this:
> "video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), format=(string)RGBA, width=(int)640,
> height=(int)359, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
> pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, framerate=(fraction)5000/167,
> texture-target=(string)rectangle"
>
> Any ideas what to try?
>
> I've uploaded the pipeline plot [1][2] when attempting to play that
> particular file, as well as the file itself [3]. This is macOS w/
> GStreamer 1.8.3.
>
> Cheers
> Gottfried
>
> [1] https://sukzessiv.net/~gohai/gstreamer/boulez.png
> [2] https://sukzessiv.net/~gohai/gstreamer/boulez.dot
> [3] https://sukzessiv.net/~gohai/gstreamer/boulez.mov

These pipelines don't have texture-target=2D set on the capsfilter
before fakesink.  glcolorconvert will output rectangle in that case.

Could you show a pipeline where you set texture-target=2D please?

Does the file play with gst-play-1.0?  (It does here on a mac (10.11.4)
with 1.9.90).

Cheers
-Matt

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Waters <ystreet00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/11/16 08:27, Gottfried Haider wrote:
>>> I have a video file that doesn't seem to play in Processing's glvideo
>>> library. (framebuffer errors, no display)
>>>
>>> It has a MOV file extension rather than the MP4 I normally test with,
>>> but there is little (if any) difference when I compare the actual
>>> stream parameters in VLC. The only major difference that I see: For
>>> this file, the final, negotiated caps list "texture-target:
>>> rectangle", while normally I see "texture-target: 2D".
>> If this is on OS X, then the zerocopy path with the VideoToolbox
>> decoders will output textures with target=rectangle.  That's just what
>> VideoToolbox provides and you need to deal with that yourself or force a
>> conversion with glcolorconvert ! texture-target=2D.
>>
>> Cheers
>> -Matt
>>
>>> Any idea what's going on?
>>>
>>> Thanks