How to check from server side if RTP stream is coming in on UDP port?

skryabin alex at vovan.ca
Mon Nov 14 00:59:40 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have an RTP stream UDP client/server setup, and the server side (receiving
end of the stream) is a Cocoa Mac OS X application.

I would like to check, using gstreamer, if the camera is currently sending
data.

Using:

ret = gst_element_set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

I always get GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC, whether or not the client is sending
the RTP stream or not.

Is there any way to perform this kind of validation, using gstreamer?

Thanks!

Alexandre