inspect caps match, but pad link fails with EMPTY caps

PeterT peter.j.torelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:23:50 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the default plugin framework from Github.
I'm deriving my elements from the gstplugin class. They are currently very
close to the original, and posting them here might make a big mess. I am
currently only defining the static templates (below):

static GstStaticPadTemplate sink_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE (
  "sink",
  GST_PAD_SINK,
  GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
  GST_STATIC_CAPS(GST_VIDEO_CAPS_MAKE("RGBA"))
);

static GstStaticPadTemplate src_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE (
  "src",
  GST_PAD_SRC,
  GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
  GST_STATIC_CAPS("ENCRRGBA")
  //GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY")
);

And vice-versa for the other elements sink. Other than that I have no query
code at all in the elements.

I just added some query code and attached a pad query function during init
and can see it being called during the process, so I'll study this and play
with it until I understand it better.

Thanks for the nudge! :)
Peter