Android: Build 1.11.0 validation of MP4 file

Chikkamath urchikkamath at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 07:41:47 UTC 2016

Hello Sebastian,
My Android Application will perform MP4->MP4 transcoding on Android devices
support 4.3 to 6.0. Transcoded file using mp4mux plug-in playback properly
on Android Devices, issue is not about playback, it's maintaining original
video orientation, to maintain user's video orientation we copy orientation
matrix from user's captured video before transcoding and after completion of
transcoding we insert the copied orientation matrix to transcoded MP4 file
at right atom say /moov/trak/tkhd. This is working fine till my previous
cerbero build 1.7 however with latest build 1.11.0 (master branch) looks
like transcoded MP4 file not following valid MP4 container structure due to
this I'm not able to copy the orientation matrix.Here valid MP4 container
structure means, transcoded file suppose to parsable as per ISO Base File
Format (ISO/IEC 14496-12) and various (ISO/IEC 14496-12) parsing tools
available for example CodecVisa, isoviewer,MP4reader. Transcoded file fails
to open on these tools. You can also do quick validation of your mp4 file
(generated using mp4mux) at http://mp4parser.com/

I tried pipeline with other properties of mp4mux i.e using faststart=true
and faststart-file option, issue still persists.I also tried with qtmux, but
no luck. I'm debugging this issue from past 3 days it will great help if you
provide any pointers to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance