Video freezing with no obvious issues in logs

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Nov 16 14:04:05 UTC 2016

On 02 Nov 2016, at 1:04 AM, Blake Chambers <blake.chambers at vecna.com> wrote:

> I have been continuing to dig into this freezing issue I'm experiencing and found the pattern below in the log files.
> I noticed the video repair messages being sent as well as the "Picture Loss Indication" which sound like they are connected to handling the video when it begins to freeze.  How might I start digging into the code at this point and seeing what's going on? I'm not certain if looking at the files mentioned are the best place to start as I'm guessing they are responding to something going wrong somewhere else.
>
> Also, are there any tutorials or documentation on the pieces I'm seeing here, videorepair and owrsession?

I am wondering if you’re seeing the same freeze that I am.

Are you using omxvideoenc or omxvideodec? I am seeing a freeze when omxvideodec receives an out-of-order packet from an rtp source, I get "no valid PTS, using oldest DTS” from videodecoder followed by "decreasing timestamp”. Do you see anything like that your side?

I also stumbled on this freeze being reported from (what I believe is) the same GPU hardware that’s in the PI, not had a chance to work out if this is related:

https://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/multimedia_software_codecs/f/356/t/224845

Regards,
Graham
—