Audio device list under Windows

Walter Lucetti myzhar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:47:50 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,

thank you for the reply. I was just reading the documentation about
GstDeviceMonitor and I tested "gst-device-monitor-1.0.exe", but it
enumerates only webcams, no audio devices.

I'm not yet ready to add a patch for Windows GStreamer... I'm a Linux user
and I must use GStreamer under Windows only because a client wants an
application to be cross-platform.

I need to find an alternative method to enumerate the audio devices with a
name that GStreamer can understand as device-name parameter for DirectShow
or DirectX audio source.

What a mess ^_^

Thank you
Walter

> On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 13:45 +0100, Walter Lucetti wrote:
>
> Hi Walter,
>
> > is it possible to get a list of available audio devices under
> > windows?  I need it to populate a combo box and let the user choose
> > between different choices.
>
> The API to use for that is GstDeviceMonitor, but I don't think the
> windows audio plugins implement the stuff for that (GstDeviceProvider).
> Patches welcome :)
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim
>
> --