RTSP server: RTCP retransmission

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 19 10:20:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 12:40 +0300, Yurii Monakov wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I'm able to feed GStreamer RTSP server with H264 RTP stream:
>
> ( udpsrc port=5544 caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-
> rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)H264,payload=(int)96"
> name=pay0)
>
> Everything works and clients are able to receive this stream. The
> problem is that I need to transmit custom RTCP packets, which are
> also generated on the feed side.
>
> Is there any way to tell RTSP server to take RTCP packets from
> external port and stop generating them internally?

You can hook into the RTCP machinery of the server and insert your own
packets there. You'll have to write code for that though.

See the "send-rtcp" and "on-sending-rtcp" signals on the rtpsession for
details. This allows you to send whatever custom RTCP packets you want
to add.

Generating RTCP outside the rtpsession and independent of that is not a
good idea as it will be very difficult to generate valid RTCP with
regard to the actual media stream.