1.10 Regression: white pixels with v4l2 camera on Raspberry Pi & gstgl

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:59:03 UTC 2016

Thanks for the tremendous help with tracking down the previous issues
- hoping that you can point me to the right direction with this one as
well:

We're seeing a regression on the Raspberry Pi (w/ the vc4 GLES2
driver) between version 1.8.3. and 1.10.1, but I believe I saw the
same issue already in a 1.9.x build. With the new version, retrieving
a GL texture from the Raspberry Pi camera only shows a white
rectangle, while the same code worked before. The camera is accessed
using the bcm2835-v4l2 driver, and instantiated using
gst_device_create_element.

All other functionality (playback etc) seem to work just fine. Our JNI
library was compiled against 1.10.1 headers.

The pipeline is something like this:
v4l2src ! capsfilter [here just: video/x-raw] ! glupload !
glcolorconvert ! capsfilter
[video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory),format=RGBA,texture-target=2D] !
fakesink

The negotiated caps between 1.8.3 and 1.10.1 look the same (just the
order is slightly different):
video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory), width=(int)320, height=(int)200,
framerate=(fraction)90/1, format=(string)RGBA,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
texture-target=(string)2D

Any idea what to try? Or what information could be relevant to figure
out what is going on?

I would be able to provide a test case for the Pi if someone has the time...

Thanks
Gottfried