What the best way for mix two streams, when they may start/stop independent from each other

Dmitry Valento va.dimon at tut.by
Mon Nov 21 18:32:01 UTC 2016

Carl Karsten-2 wrote
> quick answer:   https://github.com/voc/voctomix#contact
>
> Watch the 2 videos.
>
> If I understand your question, it isn't an easy problem

Thank you for your advise.
Seems like the "voctomix" is use another approach to mix several streams:
- if needs to change a pipeline structure, the pipeline removes all elements
and recreate entire pipeline from scratch.
- a pipeline isn't often changed - in most cases it is created at
application start after scanning of sources. Then pipeline runs without
changes (if no one error occurs) till the end of application.

Unfortunately, according to requirements for my application, there is
couldn't be delays in audio streaming during sources changing. Therefore
entire pipeline recreation isn't allowed at all.