gst-sdk-tutorials android runtime eror

mahendra0203 mahendra0203 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:20:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

trying to run android-tutorial-3 and androidtutorial-5 in gst-sdk-tutorials.
App crashes everytime with the following stacktrace

11-22 05:45:39.164 4976-4976/org.freedesktop.gstreamer.tutorials.tutorial_3
E/GStreamer+ahs: 0:00:02.552870127 0x5ac0ef80
gst-android-hardware-sensor.c:598:_init_classes Failed to initialize Android
classes: Failed to get static field ID TYPE_HEART_RATE (I):
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no static field with name='TYPE_HEART_RATE'
signature='I' in class Landroid/hardware/Sensor;

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no static field with name='TYPE_HEART_RATE'
signature='I' in class Landroid/hardware/Sensor;

at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GStreamer.nativeInit(Native Method)

at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GStreamer.init(GStreamer.java:16)

at
org.freedesktop.gstreamer.tutorials.tutorial_3.Tutorial3.onCreate(Tutorial3.java:36)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5372)

at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1104)

at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2257)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2349)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$700(ActivityThread.java:159)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.
11-22 05:45:39.164 4976-4976/org.freedesktop.gstreamer.tutorials.tutorial_3
E/GLib+stderr: **

ERROR:gst-android-hardware-sensor.c:157:gst_ah_sensor_sensor_sizes_deinit:
'sensor_sizes' should not be NULL
11-22 05:45:39.164 4976-4976/org.freedesktop.gstreamer.tutorials.tutorial_3
A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 4976
(ials.tutorial_3)

This error also occurs in gst-player/android code. When I deleted all the
files and then clone the repo again, error was not visible in
gst-player/android.

Another interesting thing, if I manually delete the generated
org.freedesktop.gstreamer.androidmedia and run ./gradlew assembleDebug from
the command line , this error does not occur during run time.

Also, other times its not able to find GstreamerSurfaceView in the app, it
is the classpath, compilation happens fine.

Does anyone know cause of these errors ?

Not sure what to do here, any help would be greatly appreciated ,

Thanks,
Mahendra Naik