avdec_h264 is not copying metadata to the outputbuffer

sudipj sudipj79 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:07:42 UTC 2016

I faced this issue earlier, the only difference being that I added video
meta-data into hardware decoder plugin (vpudec) instead of h264parse.  I
don't have the proper clue of the real issue, having a consumer of the
output buffer downstream avoids it.  Here are some results that could help

.. h264parse ! vpudec ! videoconvert ! fakesink - error

.. h264parse ! vpudec ! videoconvert ! video/-raw, format =I420 ! fakesink
-the output of vpudec is NV12 format. Force video convert to avoid bypass
mode - No error

.. h264patrse ! vpudec ! videorga ! fakesink - No error , videorga is
hardware post process element, checks for the video meta data and copies to
the output buffer, so I don't get the issue and is my default use case. I
didn't investigated further.

You could give a similar try to your pipeline, though I am not sure as the
the meta data is added in h264parse element. Or just try this if the same
error comes
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=input.ts ! tsdemux ! h264parse ! fakesink

Then you could keep adding element..

Regards,
Sudip