Disabling the building of documentation - how?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Nov 24 13:57:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-24 at 15:34 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:

Hi,

> I need to stop the gstreamer build from running xsltproc to build
> docs, as it’s taking hours and hours to do so on an RPi.
>
> What is the official way to suppress this?

See ./configure --help | grep doc

Passing --disable-gtk-doc to configure or autogen.sh should do the
trick. For older versions (not git master) you'll also want --disable-
docbook.

If you just want to finish your build without running autogen etc.
again you can also edit the top-level "Makefile" and remove the docs
subdir from the "SUBDIRS = " assignment line in there and then run
'make' again.

Cheers
 -Tim