udpsink or udpsrc loosing data

Holger weber at telerob.de
Fri Nov 25 15:21:45 UTC 2016

> Try to use wireshark utility - it allows to analyze RTP streaming (i.e.
> dropping rate and much more).
Wireshark tells me that about 3% of the packages are lost. The machines are
connected together by a cable (GigE) and also if the server and client are
running on the same machine on a local socket the errors occur.

> If the problem in loosing UDP packets - add rtpbin and rtprtxqueue
> elements to server and rtpbin to client like this: ...

The latency must be as low as possible, so I'm not sure if this is the best
solution.

> Try adding a queue after ksvideosrc and perhaps also before udpsink.
> Try adding an .. ! rtpjitterbuffer latency=500 ! .. after udpsrc, and a
> queue after avdec_h264.

This didn't change anything... only the latency increased.

> It's the lack of a jitterbuffer that causes this really.

Any other ideas?