Concatenate mp4 without re-encoding

Ross O Sullivan ross.osullivan37 at mail.dcu.ie
Mon Nov 28 14:50:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm making a video editor with the gstreamer C api as part of a University
project and I have been having trouble creating a concatenate feature for
mp4 files without re-encoding.  I was hoping you could point me in the
direction of a solution.

My current design of the pipeline is as follows:

    source1       source2
    demux1          demux2
video   audio   video   audio
  \       \        /       /
            queue
    \       \     /       /
      \        x        /
 concat Videos   concat audio
            \      /
              muxer

            filesink

I have tried to create a similar design in gst-launch with the following
command but I keep getting stream errors.

gst-launch-1.0 -v mp4mux name=mp4 ! filesink location='out.mp4' \
        concat name=c ! audio/mpeg ! mp4.audio_0 \
        concat name=c2 ! video/x-h264 ! mp4.video_0 \
        filesrc location='left.mp4' ! qtdemux name=d1 \
        filesrc location='right.mp4' ! qtdemux name=d2 \
        d1.audio_0 ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! c. \
        d2.audio_0 ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! c. \
        d1.video_0 ! video/x-h264 ! queue ! c2. \
        d2.video_0 ! video/x-h264 ! queue ! c2.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your work on Gstreamer,
Ross O'Sullivan

--

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email DisclaimerTá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad
a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin