Concatenate mp4 without re-encoding

Ross O Sullivan ross.osullivan37 at mail.dcu.ie
Mon Nov 28 21:53:42 UTC 2016

I am trying to get it working on a copy of the same video so streams should
have the exact same configuration.

The error I'm currently getting is the following.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:d2: GStreamer
encountered a general stream error.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(5520): gst_qtdemux_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:d2:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated

Before that it is printing about the sink and src pad for the audio concat
c and it's caps filter (audio/mpeg).

Thanks for the help,
Ross O'Sullivan

On 28 November 2016 at 21:28, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-11-28 at 14:50 +0000, Ross O Sullivan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm making a video editor with the gstreamer C api as part of a
> University project and I have been having trouble creating a concatenate
> feature for mp4 files without re-encoding.  I was hoping you could point me
> in the direction of a solution.
> >

> > My current design of the pipeline is as follows:
> >
> >     source1       source2
> >     demux1          demux2
> > video   audio   video   audio
> >   \       \        /       /
> >             queue
> >     \       \     /       /
> >       \        x        /
> >  concat Videos   concat audio
> >             \      /
> >               muxer
> >             filesink
> >
> > I have tried to create a similar design in gst-launch with the following
> command but I keep getting stream errors.
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 -v mp4mux name=mp4 ! filesink location='out.mp4' \
> >         concat name=c ! audio/mpeg ! mp4.audio_0 \
> >         concat name=c2 ! video/x-h264 ! mp4.video_0 \
> >         filesrc location='left.mp4' ! qtdemux name=d1 \
> >         filesrc location='right.mp4' ! qtdemux name=d2 \
> >         d1.audio_0 ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! c. \
> >         d2.audio_0 ! audio/mpeg ! queue ! c. \
> >         d1.video_0 ! video/x-h264 ! queue ! c2. \
> >         d2.video_0 ! video/x-h264 ! queue ! c2.
>
> You need to make sure that all streams have exactly the same
> configuration. Not just e.g. video width/height, but also the
> codec_data must be exactly the same. MP4 does not support changes in
> the middle of a stream.
>
> What kind of stream errors do you get, what do you see in the debug
> logs shortly before them?
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email DisclaimerTá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad
a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin
é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.
<https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>
<https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use
by the addressee. Read more here.
<https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/email-disclaimer.shtml> *