dmabuf support in gst-omx

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:45:27 UTC 2016

Le mardi 29 novembre 2016 à 15:51 -0800, Jeegar32 a écrit :
> So its been 2 years since this post made and still i have same
> concern.
>
> Do gst-omx have now support of dma-export or dma-import (fd exported
> by
> v4l2src and used by gst-omx) ?

Short answer is no.

> Any discussion or ticket of patches available for this?

The question is what mechanism do OMX offer to import or export a
DMABuf. Searching through Khronos documentation, I could not find any
thing. I believe Google OMX might support ION, which indirectly can
wrap a DMABuf. But gst-omx would need some work to support Google OMX.

There could also be something looked up through EGLImage, but I'm not
convinced by the method used for the RPi OMX stack.

Nicolas