Playbin speed

Singer, Matt Matt.Singer at cornelius.com
Tue Oct 4 19:50:58 UTC 2016

   I'm playing a video file with the follow code.  It works just fine on a motherboard that has a J1900 running Kubuntu 14.04.  The same code on my I7 Dell running Kubuntu 16.04 displays the video at least a 2x rate (might be 4x).   But if I just run gst-launch-1.0 playbin myfile   it displays just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

    self.playbin = Gst.ElementFactory.make('playbin', None)
    self.bus = self.playbin.get_bus()

    self.bus.set_flushing(True)
    self.bus.add_signal_watch()
    self.onEOS_ID = self.bus.connect('message::eos', self.OnEOS)
    self.onError_ID = self.bus.connect('message::error', self.OnError)

    self.bus.enable_sync_message_emission()
    self.onSync_ID = self.bus.connect('sync-message::element', self.OnSyncMessage)

    self.playbin.set_property('uri', myFile)

----
Matthew R. Singer
Embedded Systems Engineer - Strategic Accounts
Cornelius Inc.
*:  (410) 972-9444 (m)
*:  matt.singer at cornelius.com<mailto:matt.singer at cornelius.com>    |  ΓΌ:  www.cornelius-usa.com<http://www.cornelius.com/>
Cornelius Inc., 101 Regency Drive, Glendale Heights, IL  60139

The information contained in this electronic message is privileged and confidential information; intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Retransmission, dissemination or other use that any person other than the intended recipient makes of this communication is prohibited and any reliance or decisions made based upon it are solely the responsibility of such person. If you received this in error, contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this e-mail.