Help me in writing a player based on gstreamer for raspberry pi

munezbn.dev munezbn.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:42:33 UTC 2016

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 03:08 -0700, munezbn.dev wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestions Sebastian.
>>
>> For now I have started with Playbin based player. I am using Raspberry
>> Pi3.
>> I am able to play BigBuckBunny from pendrive and also able to play webm
>> content sintel  from gstreamer sample link.
>>
>> Since I am using PI3, glimagesink has been used which uses dispmanx, so
>> the
>> video is playing at the center of the screen with actual size. How can we
>> make it fullscreen without using GTK ? I have opened a thread for this.
>> But
>> so far no luck.
>>
>> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/GLimagesink-in-a-widget-tp4673122p4679852.html
>
> You'll have to use the dispmanx API directly for that, and explicitly
> provide a dispmanx layer as "window handle" to glimagesink via the
> GstVideoOverlay interface.
>
> You can then set up the dispmanx layer in any way you want.

I have started looking into dispmanx code. will try this.

> glcolorscale is used inside glimagesink already. Why do you want to use
> it explicitly?

I thought glcolorscale is also used for scaling the video so i was thinking
of using it to change the width and height of video to match screen
resolution to play it in fullscreen. But anyway i think right way to play in
full screen is by using dispmanx API and to create GstVideo overlay.

I will try this today.

I had one more question related to gst_player.. Is there any api to change
the a aspect ratio of the video ?

Thanks & Regards
Munez