Gstreamer shared libraries in Android

Alfred a4alfredjohn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:15:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am able to use gstreamer sdk "gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.8.2.tar.bz2" in
tutorial2.  Now I am trying to build and run gstreamer tutorial 2 using
gstreamer shared libraries(.so). My platform is Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Below are the steps which I followed.

1. Built gstreamer 1.8.2 using Cerbero.
("gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.8.2-runtime.tar.bz2").
2. Compiled tutorial-2.c using ndk-build.
3. Loaded libtutorial-2.so, libgstreamer-1.0.so, libgstbase-1.0.so and their
dependencies using System.loadLibrary() in Tutorial2.java file
4. Built the application without errors and ran on the device.
5. In tutorial-2.c, it's creating a pipeline "filesrc location =
somefile.wav ! wavparse ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink" in the application.
I got the error "Unable to build pipeline : no element filesrc"
6. So I tried loading the plugin libgstcoreelements, which contains filesrc,
using gst_plugin_load_file(). please see the code snippet in the file
attached. But it is not coming out of gst_plugin_load_file() API. (log
attached)
7. Then I tried with gst_registry_scan_path(), but faced same issue.

Can we discuss on this issue? Also in some threads in gstreamer-development
forum, I saw it's recommended to use
"gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.8.2.tar.bz2" instead of runtime package
"gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.8.2-runtime.tar.bz2". Is there any disadvantage
in using runtime package in Android? What are the benefits of using static
package over runtime package?

Thank you in advance.
gst-log.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679954/gst-log.txt>