Linking new metadata lib

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 00:00:09 UTC 2016

I have created new metadata type in:

gst-plugins-bad/gst-libs/gst/vanc/gstvancmeta.[ch]

Which creates:

/opt/gst/lib/libgstvancmeta-1.0.so.0.0.0

I have run into trouble trying to link against it, though.  I have modified
gst-plugins-bad/sys/decklink/Makefile.am to have:

libgstdecklink_la_LIBADD = \
    $(GST_PLUGINS_BASE_LIBS) \
    -lgstaudio- at GST_API_VERSION@ \
    -lgstvideo- at GST_API_VERSION@ \
    -lgstvancmeta- at GST_API_VERSION@ \

But it is not finding it while trying to build gst-plugins-bad.  If I
*install* libgstvancmeta first, then build decklink, it finds it.  Does
this mean that I need to add a 'local' path for the gstvanmeta lib, or
should gstvanmeta lib be move to gst-plugins-base?

Also, when the gstvanmeta lib is installed (/opt/gst/lib), I have also run
into trouble trying to use it with avenc_mpeg2video, I get:
/opt/gst/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstlibav.so: undefined symbol:
vanc_meta_get_info

To fix that, I tried changing gst-libav/ext/libav/Makefile.am to have:
libgstlibav_la_LIBADD = $(LIBAV_LIBS) $(GST_PLUGINS_BASE_LIBS) \
    -lgstaudio-$(GST_API_VERSION) -lgstvideo-$(GST_API_VERSION) \
    -lgstpbutils-$(GST_API_VERSION) -lgstvancmeta-$(GST_API_VERSION) \

But that did not seem to help.  It looks like libgstlibav.so is being
installed in /opt/gst/lib/gstreamer-1.0, but libgstvancmeta.so is being
installed in /opt/gst/lib.  Does libgstvancmeta.so belong in
/opt/gst/lib/gstreamer-1.0?  If so, how do I get it there?

Thanks,

John