Mix two asynchronous audio sources

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Oct 7 13:18:14 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 12:23 PM, paul.goulpie wrote:
> Hello, I try to create a pipeline that contains two audio sources are mixed
> on a single audio output.
> I realized this with the adder module.
> Nominal way everything works fine:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 \
> audiotestsrc name='src1' ! adder0. \
> udpsrc  name='src2' caps="application/x-rtp,payload=11,clock-rate=44100"
> port=4446 ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! adder0. \
> adder ! autoaudiosink
>
> My problem occurs when the udp source (src2) stop its spread. This causes me
> a complete shutdown of all the pipeline.
> Is there a way around this blockage: continue the distribution of the source
> when the source udp (src2) stops its distribution and resume mixing the two
> sources when the udp source (src2) resumed broadcasting.
>
> Thank you for your response.
For completeness, can you also list the pipeline that feeds the
udpstream. While we also have audiomixer now in addition to adder, both
won't accept spase streams.
You could also try to add queues to buffer on the udp branch to cover
for some discontinuities.

As a last resort you can handle the udp failure and disconnect/reconnect
that branch.

Stefan