Full HD with gst-omx on Raspberry Pi?

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:31:35 UTC 2016

On 13/10/16 06:40, munezbn.dev wrote:
> Hi Any luck with this? I am also in same boat. I have two videos 720p and
> 1080p
> 720p video plays but it drops frames once in a while. But 1080p video is
> doesnt smooth at all.
>
> I have used gst-omx version 1.2.0 and the latest version 1.9.90 ..
> I have set gpu_mem =86MB also i have tried playing using gst-launch
> playbin..

1.2.0 will not perform zerocopy decoding with gst-plugins-bad 1.9.90 and
will use the CPU memory path instead.

As Sebastian mentioned below, you need 1.9.90 of both gst-omx and
gst-plugins-bad to get the best performance out of the RPi.

Also, it's very likely that your gpu_mem is not large enough for this at
the moment.

Cheers
-Matt