Picam gst-rtsp to vlc

henryco fhenryco at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 15 19:34:03 UTC 2016

I tried it, and ... it works ! thank you ... i can hardly believe it after
spending hours trying all sort of tutos on the web...
i use it inside test-readme and zoneminder receives the stream ...

Then I noticed that i have one second latency at ~ 5 fps and latency reduces
importantly with higher fps : so probably a buffering effect. i'm wondering
if i could modify the pipeline to do better with rtsp at low fps or if it's
zoneminder which is fully responsible for the latency.
I know that with gstreamer pipeline alone i had negligible latencies in the
past but it was not with the RTSP protocol ...

the line with the pipeline in the test-readme.c code is:

gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory,
      "( rpicamsrc bitrate=10000000 !
video/x-h264,width=800,height=600,framerate=60/1,profile=high ! h264parse !
rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )");

thank you again