gst-play does not go to PLAYING when using hardware decoder sinks

Sachs Jürgen Sachs.Juergen at metz-ce.de
Mon Oct 17 08:26:42 UTC 2016

Hallo Sebastian,
thanks for your response. I assumed a general issue when using audio/video "decoders" instead of "pulseaudio"/"image sinks".

The test-cases are very simple:
Test-case 1: OK: this runs
  $  gst-play-1.0 --videosink=fakedecodervideo --audiosink=fakedecoderaudio "http://192.168.0.2/media/video/mp4/Wax_%20_Rosana_%20(Official Music Video)_2.mp4"

Test-case 2: fail: this stops after prefetching
$  gst-play-1.0 "http://192.168.0.2/media/video/mp4/Wax_%20_Rosana_%20(Official Music Video)_2.mp4"

The logfiles for the settings I've attached: (I hope "GST_DEBUG=playbin:9" is enough)
  fakedecoder-gst-play-sinks-specified.txt for test-case 1 (OK)
  fakedecoder-gst-play.txt for test-case 2 (fail)
I've also attached the sources for the "fake-decoder" for reference. The resulted pipelines where already attached to my last e-mail.

Kind regards
/Juergen