Full HD with gst-omx on Raspberry Pi?

munezbn.dev munezbn.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:26:37 UTC 2016

Stuart Axon wrote
> Hi,  I'm doing video playback with gst-omx on raspbian, and have
> (completely unscientifically) set my GPU memory to 256mb and everything
> seems to work OK.
>
> 386mb sounds like it should be fine.
>  S++

Not sure why it doesn't play smooth for me. What about  FULL HD ? Does it
play smothly with 256MB GPU_MEM ?

Is anything wrong with my bootcmd or config.txt ? Can you please share your
config ?

I am also trying to write player with gstreamer ( gst-omx). I am using
custom Buildroot image. I have made changes in buildroot files to use
gstreamer 1.9.90.. But STill it doesnt play smooth.

I think there is something wrong with my config.txt