tsdemux -> mpegtsmux: GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Oct 23 22:22:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to come up with a pipeline that transcodes the video in a transport stream, but leaves everything else intact:

tsdemux emit-stats=true name=demux ! queue leaky=downstream max-size-time=5000000000 ! h264parse ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! hlssink target-duration=0    demux. ! queue leaky=downstream max-size-time=5000000000 ! mux.

So far, the transcoding part works fine. The problem starts when I want to pass all other streams (auto, subtitles) through unchanged. I’ve found not clear examples on how to do this, so I’ve tried wiring the demuxer direct to the muxer through a queue. This fails as follows:

(gst-launch-1.0:4202): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion 'segment->format == format' failed

Can anyone confirm what the correct way is to pass through streams from a demuxer to a muxer unchanged?

Regards,
Graham
—