Changing Segment without seek

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Oct 26 13:20:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 13:27 +0200, Patrick Fü wrote:

Hi Patrick,

> I'm trying to change the segment while in playing state
> with gst_event_new_seek.
>
> When the current time lies within the new segment it currently does a
> seek to the beginning of the new segment.
> What's the best to set a segment without doing a seek ? Is it even
> possible with gst_event_new_seek ?

Let's take back a step. Cold you explain in some more detail what you
are trying to implement or achieve exactly? Then we can give advice how
to best do that.

For things like gapless/seamless playback or looping you can use the
GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT, then your app will get a SEGMENT_DONE message on
the bus as soon as the source/parser/demuxer is done processing data,
and then you can do another (non-flushing) seek to output more data. If
that's what you want I don't know though :)

Cheers
-Tim