Different behaviour in using RTSP + RTP in streaming

Tran Tu camtubk05 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 07:08:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I wrote an application to stream dual streams through RTSP and RTP/UDP
- The first stream over RTSP and the second using RTP via udpsink

I saw that when I start RTSP streaming first then RTP stream. The bitrate
and also the video quality for 2 streams is kept stable (aacceptable) But in
opposite if I start streaming RTP stream first, then RTSP stream, the
bitrate of RTSP stream is really bad and also the video quality. It slow,
lag...I use the VPU encoder HW in an IMX6 board.

Can anybody explain me the behavior, is there any side affect if I start
RTSP stream before RTP stream?