Sync=true Adding 6 seconds latency

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:21:58 UTC 2016

Le jeudi 27 octobre 2016 à 19:54 -0700, Eric-Stone a écrit :
> Would anyone happen to know if it's possible to use rtpjitterbuffer
> with an
> rtmp stream? Or are there any alternatives that might be able to
> smooth the
> playback of this stream?

No, RTMP is not implementing RTP. rtpjitterbuffer works with RTP
packet, by reading the RTP payloaded timing information. Also,
rtpjitterbuffer is for live source, rtmpsrc is not a live source in
GStreamer term.

What you describe here is a mix of network and transmitter jitter. You
need a queue that is as big as the worst "normal" jitter. For playback,
we usually pick something close to 2 or 3 seconds. If you need lower
latency, don't use TCP type of streaming. If that is not possible, you
might want to tweak your transmitter/server to never burst, and enable
google tcp traffic control.

Nicolas