RTSP Unicast and Multicast on the same pipeline using different mountpoints

Mert Can Ergun mert.ergun at mikro-tasarim.com.tr
Sat Oct 29 07:22:38 UTC 2016

The scenario I am trying to achieve is like this. Server has 2 mountpoints
like:

rtsp://IP:port/unicast
rtsp://IP:port/multicast
while one of them servers only unicast, and the other serves only multicast.
The source element is a bit problematic one and I have to use a single
pipeline in order to minimize the amount of problems I might face when 2 of
the streams are requested simultaneously.

I tried to build 2 similar mediafactories and attached different mountpoints
to each other. Then after the first client connects, I saved the RTSPMedia
and media pipeline using media-constructed signal and tried to force it to
the other one but the framework doesn't allow me to do so.