Saving stream to file on unstable communication line

alexolut alexolut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:49:53 UTC 2016

Thanks for your reply.

Tim Müller wrote
> The easiest option might be to use a container format where the content
> survives even if it's not finalised properly, for example Matroska or
> MPEG-TS.

What I need to do for this? Try to change "muxer" property of "splitmuxsink"
element or anything else?

Tim Müller wrote
> For MP4, you use mp4mux's "reserved-*" properties to make sure the file
> always stays valid, and set it as muxer on splitmuxsink. This means
> some data might be lost at the end though, depending on the update
> period.

After reading documentation for mp4mux I didn't clearly understand which
values I need to set to prevent broken files at all (losing of some data at
the end is not important, if video file can be played in VLC or WMP).

Is enough to set reserved-moov-update-period to some 'N' (is value in
nanosec?) to prevent creation of fully unplayable files if source is live
more than early specified period 'N'?