Development of GStreamer on Windows?

Pavel Bludov p.bludov at altergeo.ru
Mon Oct 31 11:04:13 UTC 2016

31.10.2016 06:32, Nirbheek Chauhan пишет:
> I think we can get it working with pure MSVC with a little work.

Could you, please, make it less archaic?

For now, GStreamer binaries for Windows are built with mingw-4.7 or
msvc-2010.
Both of them are more then five years old. Everyone, who wants to use
GStreamer
_and_ Qt, are stuck with Qt 5.0 (mingw) or Qt 5.5 (msvc).
While the  msvc binaries are quite usable, the mingw binaries aren't,
since Qt 5.0 lacks many modules.

It would be great to upgrade the toolchain to something more modern.