[pulsesink] EOS is not coming with prebuf -1 in audio clock

sunghyun Eum shilf07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 05:55:17 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I have a question about prebuf in pulsesink.
when I set prebuf as 1 like this in pulsesink.c

  wanted.tlength = spec->segtotal * spec->segsize;
  wanted.maxlength = -1;
  wanted.prebuf = -1; <-------------- here
  wanted.minreq = spec->segsize;

after that, pulsesink can't handle EOS message. it made pipeline lockup.
I am using audio-clock for pipeline.
if I follow system clock, lockup wouldn't be happened but I need use
audio-clock.

this is the callstack when lock up is happend, it seems to wait for
something.

we can not use prebuf -1 with audio clock?
if you have any info, please share with me.

Thank you,

callstack
#0 __GI_ppoll
at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ppoll.c line 56

#1 ppoll
at /usr/include/bits/poll2.h line 77

#2 gst_poll_wait
at gstpoll.c line 1248

#3 gst_system_clock_id_wait_jitter_unlocked
at gstsystemclock.c line 684

#4 gst_clock_id_wait
at gstclock.c line 539

#5 gst_base_sink_wait_clock
at gstbasesink.c line 2104

#6 gst_base_sink_wait
at gstbasesink.c line 2326

#7 gst_audio_base_sink_drain
at gstaudiobasesink.c line 1009

#8 gst_audio_base_sink_wait_event
at gstaudiobasesink.c line 1073

#9 gst_base_sink_wait_event
at gstbasesink.c line 2982

#10 gst_base_sink_default_event
at gstbasesink.c line 3024

#11 ??
from /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstpulse.so

#12 gst_base_sink_event
at gstbasesink.c line 3190

#13 gst_pad_send_event_unchecked
at gstpad.c line 5135