NULL State Synchronization

ht techdev ht.techdev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:51:33 UTC 2016

Hi

On gstreamer 1.4.5, running on Centos 7.2, I have a use case that I am not
sure I am handling/understanding correctly:

1-      Application start a pipeline, i.e., sets the state to PLAY

2-      After an arbitrary amount of time, it sets the state to NULL

3-      Current Problem:

a.       A decoder plugin just prior to pushing its frame, after NULL state
, attempts to allocate output frame, which it fails and consequently issues
a GST_ELEMENT_ERROR

b.      This in turn stops the main application, as we are tripping on error
messages

Question is, whether it is the plugin responsibility to block inside _stop,
till current frame is processed, or gstreamer is responsible for such
synchronizations.

Cheers,