How to get cropmeta from buffer?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Sep 2 06:40:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-01 at 02:18 -0700, fthfth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new in GStreamer and image processing. Sorry for stupid questions.
> I want to send an image with metadata so initially I have used
> videocropmeta. I am not able to retrive the meta, it always returns null. If
> you help me, I would be appreciated.
> [...]

Not all elements are passing through the crop meta, specifically it is
currently only handled on raw video elements and only if all elements
handle it. Before using it, you have to check via the ALLOCATION query
if all elements support it.

But that's not your problem actually. You assume that the crop meta can
be sent over RTP over UDP, which is not the case. You will have to
encode it in a way that can be sent over RTP, e.g. by using a custom
RTP header extension (for which you have to write code).