Fwd: EOS on shmsink hangs while waiting for someone to connect

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Fri Sep 2 14:34:23 UTC 2016

Interestingly, I ran into the same problem today (using GStreamer 1.9.x). The
mentioned pipeline still exhibits the same behaviour (stuck at waiting for
EOS). The same behaviour is observed in my python application which is
pretty bad since this causes a memory leak on application close.

Notice that I needed to hit control+c twice. Is this a bug or am I wrong to
conclude that we need an explicit EOS in order not to leak any memory?