is there a way to serialize the "sync-message::stream-status" GstBus callback?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:02:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using the "sync-message::stream-status" signal callback for the GstBus
of a pipeline to get access to the pthread stuff. I have noticed that with a
pipeline with several elements that create threads, this callback can be
called several times. I have also noticed that these calls, which are coming
from different element threads, is not serialized.

Question: is there a way to serialize this callback to ensure that a given
invocation will complete before another element thread is allowed to call
it?

Thanks,

-Andres