how to officially file a bug report?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:42:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recognize that documentation errors take lower priority over actual code.
However, I found an error in the output of gst-inspect that is really bad in
that this has caused me several days of confusion and frustration.

Using version 1.8.0, running the following:

gst-inspect tcpserversink

gives an element signal as:

Element Signals:
  "client-added" :  void user_function (GstElement* object,
                                        GObject arg0,
                                        gpointer user_data);

The 2nd argument is not correct in that is should be a pointer:  GObject
*arg0

The reason this minor documentation typo is so bad is that, this callback
signature, compiles without error and runs without crashing (at least in my
executable it has run without crashing after several days of build/run
cycles).  But because the 2nd argument is not resolved correctly, the 3rd
argument pointer is never correct so all data passed to the callback is
invalid.

Thanks,

-Andres