Video processing(record\play) real time from camera with metadata

Mikl michael.yarochkin at timetronics.be
Mon Sep 5 07:20:49 UTC 2016

Hello, Tim

Thank you for the answer.

I will try to give you more information, so may be you can help me.

Don`t hesitate to ask more, if something is unclear.

-Coding is a time related question. I need to capture 20 fps and more. It means i have 50 ms to capture, code and record. Not much even on fast machine. But, record raw data also not ideal. I have 1Gb every 50 sec from 20 frames of RGB 800x400.

-Decoding is not real time process. It will be handy for me to have all necessary information inside of one container.

-You want to say, what i can not add subtitles to the video using gstreamer? Is ANY way exist?

-In ideal situation i need to have video file with audio  (this is for later) and subtitles. An i need to be able to pay it in a standard video player. As example of user i can give you TV broadcasting system. Best if i can stream it while recording.

It is an ideal goal. Do not focus too much and do not block yourself, please, if it is impossible. I need to be as close as possible.

Best regards, Michael.