Could we push more than one buffer in pad chain function?

Jake Zhang zjpseudo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 23:51:50 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I am implementing a fairly complicate custom plugin and this plugin
sometimes will hold on some input buffers by pushing them into a queue if
some timestamp condition does not meet yet, and sometimes it might push
more than one buffer to srcpads if certain condition is met. Do you guys
see any issue of doing this? I just want to make sure I will not have a big
issue with this unconventional chain function.

I have went through the gstpad.c source code, and if my understanding is
correctly the pad chain function will be called once every time each time
there is a input buffer. And I do not see any issue with my above
implementation.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Any input is appropriated.

Thanks

Jake