Segment for video and audio decoder

Majaja r97922153 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:24:08 UTC 2016

Hi all:

I found that if I set segment to audio & video decoder, they behave
differently.

For example, if the segment start = 5 seconds and playback from the
beginning.

For video decoder = gstvideodecoder, the function
gst_video_decoder_clip_and_push_buf () will drop the frames which are range
from 0 to 5 seconds.

But for audio decoder, it seems that all packets are passed down & dropped
at sink.

I am wondering why audio needs to do so. Why we do NOT just drop the packets
at decoder as video?

Thanks~